My preferred daily planner format in my Filofax is a two-page spread per day. While I have utilized Franklin planner inserts, I have also created my own. I like having my tasks and appointments listed on the left-hand side. A dedicated note page on the right-hand side.
As I considered if I needed a two-page spread every day, I explored the different ways to use a second page. I did a lot of research and kept a running list of ideas. Here’s what I learned.
- On church day, take notes in Sunday School and during the message.
- Instead of a separate Gratitude list, write your daily gratitude on your notes page.
- During your daily quiet time, take notes on the scripture you read.
- When someone asks for prayer, add them to a dedicated spot on your notes page.
- If you have a blank page from a previous day, use it to practice lettering or to improve your handwriting.
- Jot down your weekly menu on menu planning day. Add a temporary page flag for quick accessibility.
- Use your notes page as a place to journal or write the day’s events.
- Watching your weight? Add your daily food journal for added accountability.
- Keep a log of your phone calls and details discussed. Be sure to add this to your monthly index in case you need to find this information at a later date.
- Deal with medical issues? As a transplant recipient, keeping up with health symptoms is important. Use your notes as a place to write down unusual symptoms and how you’re feeling.
- Record important details from received emails (or at least make a note on how to find this information later.) Write this down in your monthly index.
- Doodle! I usually do that on a blank or hardly used page from a previous date.
- I have a friend who does a daily scripture writing challenge – your notes would be a perfect place for this.
- Are you a dreamer? Jot down your dreams – it’s a good idea to do that as soon as you remember them. If you are like me, you forget the details fast!
- Like quotes? Write down your favorites in your notes.
- Meeting notes
- Shopping list – I do this when I have a small list. If I am doing my weekly shopping, I use a dedicated list.
- Track expenses, water intake, daily exercise, medication, daily routines, mood, etc. Track everything!
I went from thinking I would never be able to use a notes page, to wondering how in the world would I fit everything in!
How do you use your notes page?